On getting your confirmation letter from your university after paying the first installment fees, the next step is to proceed to the embassy for a visa that will grant you access into North Cyprus. In this post I will be highlighting the major requirements for visa application at the Turkish Visa Application Center, Abuja.
On the 1st of March 2019, a Turkish Visa Application Center was opened to facilitate and ensure prompt submission of visa application documents. It is located at the 9th floor, Re-Insurance Building, Herbert Macaulay Way Central Area, Abuja. Please, note that this center is in collaboration with the Turkish Embassy, located along 333 Diplomatic Drive, Central District, Abuja.
The documents to take along are:
- Authenticated High school, College and University certificates from the Ministries of Education and Foreign Affairs.
- Photocopies of your passport which has to be valid at least 6 months.
- Properly filled-in visa application form. (https://www.konsolosluk.gov.tr/Visa)
- Have at least 4 passport sized photographs.
- Acceptance or confirmation letter from the University.
- Letter from University acknowledging payment of first installment.
- Officially approved statement of account for the last 3-6 months.
- Guarantee letter to be signed by both student and sponsor, expressing that the sponsor will take charge of the expenses of the student throughout the period of study and that the student will not apply to any person or institution (including universities) for financial support or scholarships, and should be certified by a public notary.
- Sponsor ID, photocopy of driver license, National ID card and international passport.
- Consent letter from parent if student is less than 18 years sealed by notary.
- Flight reservation.
- Application fee of $185 is paid at the point of submission. Note that the dollar note production date must not be less than 2009 and also must not be torn or have any form of writing on it, so as to avoid refusal of payment.
On submission of all these documents at the application center, the processing time varies between 5 to 10 days and an email will be sent to the applicant informing them of the day and time of pickup of their passport.