Following a meeting of the Council of Minister, Prime Minister Ersin Tatar has announced the following measures to prevent the spread of the coronavirus. So far only one German tourist has tested positive for the virus and she is now in isolation at Nicosia State Hospital.
- All schools approved by the Ministry of Education which are closed until Sunday, March 27, schools will be disinfected.
- Transitions of groups of over ten tourists from south to north have been stopped.
- Quarantine measure in three hotels is continuing.
- Disinfection has begun in all museums and ruins in the Famagusta region.
- All charter flights to the country have been suspended until 1 April.
Tatar said that the government continues to take the necessary steps in line with the recommendations of experts on coronavirus, where serious measures are taken all over the world.