Although each university have slightly different application and registration procedures, the general steps you take during the application procedure and registration period are as follows:
- Apply with sending your documents for evaluation and once the eligibility is confirmed you receive your Conditional Acceptance Letter (CAL).
- Once you pay the initial amount stated on your CAL and fulfill the other conditions stated on your CAL (if any) you receive your Unconditional Acceptance Letter (UAL).
- Make sure you inform the University about your flight details 3 working days before the arrival for your airport pick up. Once you arrive at North Cyprus Ercan Airport get picked up by university personnel.
- Register the very next day after you arrive in North Cyprus, get your student ID, start selecting your courses, and register at accommodation halls if you are staying on campus.
- Orientation week will inform you about everything you need about North Cyprus and your university.
Before your Arrival
- Make sure you have your unconditional offer letter from your University along with scans of your passport, your air ticket and invitation letter for the accompanying person if there is a family member comig with you to Cyprus.
- Sheets, pillows and blankets are not provided by the university dormitories; you can either bring them with yourself or buy from local supermarkets.
- It is not compulsory to have travel insurance in North Cyprus; however for your own comfort and security you are advised to take out insurance cover in your own country prior to departure. Medical insurance for you will be provided by your university once you register for your course.
- It is advised to have minimum 6 passport size photographs with you as they will be necessary for your registration.
- Make sure your flight is conducted via Turkey to Ercan Airport, North Cyprus (ECN).
- Check from the nearest Turkish Embasy if the transit visa is necessary or not as you will be travelling as a transit passenger via Istanbul, Turkey.
- Plug sockets in Northern Cyprus are usually 3-pin (UK style); you may wish to bring with you a 3 pin to 2-pin travel adaptor, therefore.
- The currency in Northern Cyprus is the Turkish lira; dollars, euros, and UK pounds are widely accepted and easily exchanged.
- Soap, shampoo, toothpaste are not supplied in the dorms; you can bring such items with you, or purchase locally if you prefer.
- You can easily get pay-as-you-go SIM cards of local mobile providers upon arrival at North Cyprus Ercan Airport; both Wi-Fi and 3G are available.